Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Still and Silent.

Ive been pondering this over the past week.
Be still.

I have realized that I do not know how to be still. I live in a world that expects me to be moving all the time.

Wake up
Go to work
Work
Work
Work
Sleep the bare minimum.
Repeat.

This is the expected format of my life.
But God asks something different of us. He doesnt ask us to be efficient. He doesnt ask us to go, go, go. He doesnt ask us to burn ourselves out and become zombie-like slaves to this world.
He asks...no. He TELLS us to be still. The complete opposite of what the world tells us to do in order to be succesful.
I have been learning this lately, what it means to be still.
I like to talk. To people, to Andrew, to God. I talk...its kinda my thing!
God knows this.
He loves this!
He created me the way I am, motormouth intact!

And yet He asks me to do something that is so hard. Be still. Be quiet! Instead of blurting out whatever youre feeling, just take a few minutes, a couple deep breaths, and rest in Him.
Its amazing what that does. When you rest in God and take the time to be still in His presence, Hes there! He heals you, He refreshes you.
I come away from those times with Him feeling ready to face the chaos again. The world tells you that your time in valuable and you shouldnt waste a second of it. God tells you that He is valuable, and any second you spend with Him will not be wasted.


Be still, and know that I am God.
So go. Be still, know that He is God, He is good, and He wants to meet with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment