Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Its raining hard outside.
The wind is throwing the rain against the windows, making inside seems warm, inviting, perfect!
We are so blessed to enjoy this week at the beach. We have had beautiful weather, amazing food and great conversations. Oregon is such a beautiful place, its making me dream of buying a beach house in the future.
A place where we can (one day) bring our little ones and make memories.
As our time here ends, it makes me thankful that we have this time. We wont get a week like this in a long time, years probably. I will miss my family so much while we are gone. I will miss the daily moments, the family dinners, the loud talking, the love spilling into every corner.
But its part of the sacrifice we are making. We are willing to miss those moments for a while, to replace them instead with flights, exploring, learning and loving others. Whenever I hold an orphan baby in my arms, I will think of my precious nephew. When we sit down to share (modest) food with families, I will think fondly of our family in Canada. We are honoured and excited to be out of our comfort zone, exploring different corners of the world, sharing the good news of Jesus.

But today, Im thankful for now. Im loving this week, this place, these people.

" There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens"
Ecclesiastes 3:1



No comments:

Post a Comment