Saturday, February 4, 2012

We haven't had the easiest of weeks. Especially my husband.
We have been presented some challenging situations. Especially my husband.
And because I am married to him, and happen to think highly of him, I get offended for him, defensive, angry, protective.
And when there isn't one single tiny thing I can do to fix the situation?
Well, usually I cry.
And then I pray.
(I wish I did it in the opposite order, skipping the wide range of emotions)

We have learned a lot over the past year, Andrew and I.
During the planning of this trip, we have been challenged by various people, in various ways. Ways that made us stop the process and say "Are we sure that this is what God said? Is this really what we want to do?!"
We have prayed, prayed and then prayed some more.
The resounding answer is "I have called you to be obedient, not to understand every step."
Isn't that the simplest thing?
And yet, infinitely complicated and soul wrenching.

We have been stretched and tested, and we haven't even left Canada yet!
And yet, because of this stretching and testing, we are learning deeper ways to trust God. To know that He has is figured out, that His ways are not our ways.

And so we walk forward. Not because its easy or fun. But because we trust that God will pave the way.
And if He doesn't?
We trust that He will give us the grace to walk the road He has called us too.

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
James 1:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment