Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Wiebes are settling in nicely. We have our room mostly organized and we feel more at home.
Perfect, just in time for us to get sick!
Yes, we are all sorts of sniffling-sore-throat-coughing-up-phlem-glamourous these days!
Just 3 days ago I spent some time asking God for wisdom. I tend to speak quickly, without thought, and sometimes..well..my foot gets firmly planted in my mouth. I need Gods wisdom! In Proverbs it talks about holding your tongue.
I spent some time praying for God to help me hold my tongue more, allowing others to speak and not always saying my opinions.

The next morning I woke up with no voice.
Do you think that was a clear enough message? I took the hint and, with Gods grace, have been attempting to hold my tongue. It will be a life-long lesson, this I know, but I love the hope I have in Jesus. I know Im not doomed to spend the rest of my life struggling. When we ask for wisdom, God is quick to give it. He is good and faithful.

"My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."
Proverbs 2:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment