Monday, November 8, 2010

A new direction.

I was very challenged last week.
On friday night Andrew and I went to Passion World Tour.
From the moment it started, I knew God had something to tell me.
I cried within 25 seconds.
God is so cool, the ways that He works things out, how He has me in the palm of His hand.
Because honestly, sometimes I feel like running, like taking things into my own hands and making a go of life alone.
Because I'm stubborn and independent and not that smart.
But that's OK.
Because He has me figured out, He knows the plans He has for me and they are above and beyond anything I can dream of!
(I have to remind myself of that sometimes!)

I was reminded about how God created me and put passions and desires in me for a reason.
Sometimes I am overwhelmed with a burning inside me soul.
Sometimes I feel like Im WAY off base with how life is right now.
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my life.
I am so blessed, so happy and content with life.

But also, there's a part of me that burns and aches for more.
That feeling of "there must be more", the desire to live life differently.
Differently than whats "acceptable" and "expected" of us.

Since I was 5 years old I have wanted to be a missionary.
Its been a dream, a desire, a NEED in my life.
Its not something I take lightly.
Its a need that fills me head, my heart, my dreams.
I think about it constantly, waiting anxiously for the next step.
On friday I was reminded that I dont have to be so timid. I dont have to wait around for Gods "green light".
I need to do what I love, what Im passionate about, and do it ALL for the glory of God!
Because in doing that, He will guide us, He will place us where we are needed.

We are so excited to see what God has in store for us.

(and I have a feeling it wont be long now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment