Monday, November 15, 2010



Sometimes God has plans that surprise you!

Like the fact that I am leaving in 12 days to go to Haiti!

I did NOT see that coming. Well. That's not completely true. Andrew and I have been planning and applying to go work there, but I did not see it coming THIS year! But there it is! One of my best friends, Angela, asked me to go with her, to work in an orphanage. 5 days later, we booked the flights. That was 2 days ago. The countdown is on. I'm pretty emotional about it right now, to be honest. I'm excited beyond belief! One of my hearts desire is to run an orphanage!
I'm sad to leave my amazing, wonderful, completely selfless husband behind! (Just so you all know, actually going to Haiti without him was his idea. He always wants good things for me.) I'm scared to fall in love with the kids and leave a good chunk of my heart behind!
I'm eager to be really effective with the short amount of time we have there!
I'm frustrated because of certain people not willing to help me out and take an extra shift for me!( sorry, had to get that out. Over it now)
And on that note, I really need more faith in order to make this happen.
Because when it comes down to it, Im not going to Haiti because I want to (although I do really want too!).
Im going because I serve a Savior who uses us in little ways.
Like flying across the world to hold little babies, pray for them and, even if its just for a week, love them.
It seems small, but its something I can do to express Gods love, and that's what has me all excited.

Like, so-excited-that-I-cant-sleep-and-feel-sick-most-of-the-time excited.
So, if you think of it, please pray for us.
For health and safety and our hearts to be soft and teachable.
Pray for the children.
Pray that in everything we do there, that we would do it to glorify the God who created and loves each one of those little bubbas.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:17

3 comments:

  1. that's so exciting Edol! Praying God will use you in amazing ways. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be praying for you, a wonderful opportunity to be blessed and be a blessing

    ReplyDelete